NEXT ELECTION OF MTF OFFICERS
2020 Annual Meeting
To nominate yourself or a fellow athlete to an elected position, contact the NOMINATING COMMITTEE CHAIR listed on the MTF organizational chart.
The nominations, voting, and elections should generally follow the procedures that appear in the USATF Bylaws.
A. The following shall govern the procedures for nomination:
1. At least one hundred and twenty days (120) prior to the annual meeting of MTF, the Executive Committee shall appoint a Nominating Subcommittee of three (3) persons, at least one of whom shall be an active athlete, to make nominations
for the various elected positions of MTF.
2. No member of the Nominating Subcommittee, unless nominated from the floor, shall be eligible for election to a position on MTF in the years for which he/she is nominating.
3. The report of the Nominating Subcommittee shall be made available at the annual meeting of MTF at least 48 hours prior to the election.
4. Nominations may be made from the floor at the annual meeting. No nomination may be made for an absent person unless that person has notified the Nominating Subcommittee in writing of his or her willingness to accept that specific nomination.
B. The following regulations shall govern voting procedures:
1. Each MTF member shall have one (1) vote and must be present to vote. There shall be no voting by proxy. No individual may vote in more than one capacity.
2. Only committee members may vote for election of officers and Committee positions, on amendments to the operating rules, and on motions, resolutions, and championship site selections.
C. The following shall govern the procedures for elections:
1. The election of officers is generally governed by USATF Bylaws, Article 9 H.
2. The USATF Organizational Services Committee shall appoint a three-person election panel to supervise the election.
3. The elections of officers and other elected positions will take place at the annual meeting of MTF following the Summer Olympic Games.
4. Written ballots shall be used for all contested elections and tabulated by at least two (2) non-voting observers.
5. All elections shall take place at a pre-determined time that shall be posted for at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the election.
6. Regardless of internal MTF rules, only those members of MTF set forth by the
USATF Bylaws as bona fida members or their properly registered alternates shall be eligible to vote.
7. Elections shall be conducted in accordance with USATF Bylaws, Article 9H.
D. The following shall govern procedures for filling vacancies.
1. There shall be no order of succession to any office.
2. In the event of a vacancy, MTF members may elect a replacement at the next
general meeting to complete the vacant term; if necessary, the Chair shall make an interim appointment, with the approval of the Masters Executive Committee, until the election takes place.
3. In the event of a vacancy for an office, MTF shall elect a replacement at the next
general meeting to complete the vacant term. Names of nominees, in writing, with a second shall be submitted to the Secretary. The formation of a Nominating Committee, shall not be necessary under these circumstances. The Secretary
shall prepare a resume to be submitted to the MTF prior to the voting. Nominations may be made from the floor.